The real voyage of discovery lies in not seeing new landscapes but in having new eyes. (Marcel Proust)
I am an Assistant Professor at the Security Group of the Eindhoven University of Technology, in the Netherlands. I investigate attacker operations (, ) and economics (, ) to improve operational defense capabilities (, ). My research draws from several fields, including computer security, economics, risk analysis, and criminology. I manage the B-LAB and Security Operation Center Laboratories @ TU/e.
- Michele Campobasso on cybercrime operations and ecosystems. Website, GScholar profile.
- Pavlo Burda on advanced social engineering. GScholar profile.
Office: MF 6.122a P.O. Box 513, 5600 MB Eindhoven, The Netherlands Email: l.allodi at tue.nl PGP fngrprnt: 950E 3DC8 EB66 DFF3 B64D 7848 A0AD 0BB6 5DC4 98F1
Public key here.
OrganizationI am the organizer and co-chair of the multidisciplinary Workshop on Attackers and Cyber-Criminal Operations (WACCO), together with, among others, Alice Hutchings (Twitter, homepage) and Sergio Pastrana (Twitter, homepage). The workshop is held annually (now at its 2nd edition) jointly with the European Symposium on Security and Privacy.
- Martin Rosso, Michele Campobasso, Ganduulga Gankhuyag, Luca Allodi. SAIBERSOC: Synthetic Attack Injection to Benchmark and Evaluate the Performance of Security Operation Centers. In Proceedings of the 36th Annual Computer Security Applications Conference (ACSAC 2020). (acc. rate 23%) Distinguished Paper with Artifacts Award Preprint.
- Michele Campobasso, Luca Allodi. Impersonation-as-a-Service: Characterizing the Emerging Criminal Infrastructure for User Impersonation at Scale. In Proceedings of the ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (ACM CCS 2020). (acc. rate 17%) Preprint.
- Amber van der Heijden, Luca Allodi. Cognitive Triaging of Phishing Attacks. In Proceedings of Usenix Security 2019. (Acc. rate 16%). Preprint.